12th Annual McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair Horse Show at Moondust Meadows
September 9, 2017
Moondust Meadows is located on Old Stage Road in McClure.
$6 ENTRY PER CLASS (Rain Date: TBA)
|CHAIR:||Billie Shawver – 570-658-4206|
|COMMITTEE:||Clayton Shawver, Regina Hosterman, Allysa Thomas, Jamie Stoltzfus, Michelle Boney|
Horse Show Schedule:
|DEPT. 1: HORSES
SECTION 6: Halter
1st – $5.00. 2nd – $4.00. 3rd – $3.00. 4th – $2.00
- Halter Miniature Horse
- Halter Pony (14.2 Hands & under)
- Halter Open Weanling/Yearling
- Halter Registered Quarter Horse –Sponsored by Shawver’s Quarter Horses
- Halter Color Breed (Palomino, Paint, Pinto, Buckskin, Appaloosa, Etc)
- Halter Open (Not Entered In Other Halter Classes)
- Halter Draft Horse/Draft Cross
- Champion & Reserve Champion At Halter (all first & second place winners of classes 1 thru 7)
- Showmanship Junior (English or Western) -11 & under –DEPT. 11
- Showmanship Youth (English or Western)-12 to 18 –DEPT.11
- Showmanship-Adult -19 & UP
- Bareback Walk-Trot – No Saddle or Bit
- English Equitation-Walk-Trot-Canter
- English Pleasure-Walk-Trot-Canter
- Green Horse Walk/Trot English or Western (May Not Enter In Canter Classes)
- Leadline (Open To Children 10 & Under)-DEPT.11
- PeeWee Pleasure – Walk-Trot (11 & under) – DEPT.11
- Western Pleasure Youth-Walk-Jog-Lope –DEPT. 11
- Western Pleasure Adult-Walk-Jog-Lope
- Therapeutic Pleasure-All Ages-Walk-Trot
- Therapeutic Equitation – All Ages – Walk-Trot
- Equitation Junior (11 & under) English or Western-Walk-Trot or Jog–DEPT.11
- Equitation Novice Rider Youth (12-18) English or Western-Walk-Trot or Jog–DEPT. 11
- Equitation Novice Rider Adult (19 & UP) English or Western-Walk-Trot or Jog
- Open Equitation Western-Walk-Trot-Lope
- All Day Pleasure (English or Western) – Walk-Trot or Jog
- Ranch Horse
- Egg & Spoon
- Trail Class (Will be run during Speed Events)
- Therapeutic Trail Class
- Miniature Horse Trail
- Keyhole Race -Junior DEPT.11
- Keyhole Race –Youth DEPT.11
- Keyhole Race –Adult
- Pole Bending -Junior DEPT.11
- Pole Bending Youth DEPT 11
- Pole Bending Adult
- 50 YD. Dash –Junior DEPT 11
- 50 YD. Dash –Youth DEPT 11
- 50 YD. Dash –Adult
- Barrel Race –Junior DEPT.11
- Barrel Race- Youth DEPT.11
- Barrel Race-Adult
Note: All Premium Checks will be mailed.
Horse Show Rules:
- Moondust Meadows or McClure Bean Soup Festival and Fair will not be responsible for any accidents that may occur during the show or any articles lost or damaged.
- You assume the risk of equine activities pursuant to Pennsylvania Law.
- No equine showing signs of a contagious or infectious disease will be admitted to any event.
- Age of horse will be based on calendar year starting Jan 1 of year foaled. Horses foaled in 2016 will be 1 yr old Jan 1, 2017.
- All exhibitors must display their numbers on their backs or on both sides of their saddle blanket in plain view for the judge.
- Refunds will be issued only in the event of illness or injury to horse or rider.
- The announcers stand must be notified of a tack change before your class. 5 minutes will be allowed.
- The judge’s decision will be final in all classes. Judges will decide on the patterns.
- The Show Committee reserves the right to cancel or combine any class.
- A pattern may or may not be used in an equitation class at the judge’s discretion.
- In Western Pleasure classes, a bosal or snaffle bit may be used on a horse 5 yrs. or younger & may be ridden with 2 hands. Horses 6 yrs. or older will be ridden with a shank bit & ridden with one hand.
- Proper riding attire is required in order to be judged. Long sleeve western type shirt, jeans or show pants & boots must be worn by western exhibitors. Short-sleeved western type attire will be allowed in gaming classes only. Appropriate English attire will be required for English classes. In hot weather, the judge may not require jackets.
- All riders 18 & under must wear ASTM-approved hard hats when showing in speed events. The judge will not penalize a rider for wearing protective head gear in a pleasure or equitation class.
- All exhibitors must pay for classes when signing up or leave a blank signed check at the signup stand to be completed at the end of the day.
- Riders unable to control their horses will be considered unsafe and may be dismissed from the ring at the discretion of the judge and/or show committee.
Horse Health Rules
- A Certificate of Veterinary Inspection dated May 1, 2017 or after is required.
- Equine Infectious Anemia (EIA) – All horses must be official ELISA or AGID (Coggins) test negative within one year of admission to the show. The negative test report must accompany the horse. The negative test must have been conducted within 12 months of the opening date of the show. The negative test report must be issued to the current owner of all horses, including pulling teams and must include an accurate description of the horse including age, color and sex, plus any other reliable identification such as tattoos, distinctive marks, etc. Solid color animals must be identified by some method of unique identification such as a lip tattoo, brand or at least two (2) distinct markings.
- Horses should be immunized to prevent contagious respiratory disease (e.g. Equine influenza, EHV and Triple E) not less than 15 days before the show.
- A current rabies vaccination administered by a licensed veterinarian is required for animals 3 months of age and older. Rabies vaccinated equine animals must be accompanied by a legible, completed rabies vaccination certificate or the information must be on the CVI.