13th Annual McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair Horse Show at Moondust Meadows
September 8, 2018
Moondust Meadows is located on Old Stage Road in McClure.
$6 ENTRY PER CLASS (Rain Date: TBA)
|CHAIR:||Billie Shawver – 570-658-4206|
|COMMITTEE:||Clayton Shawver, Allysa Thomas, Jamie Stoltzfus, Michelle Boney|
Horse Show Schedule:
|DEPT. 1: HORSES
SECTION 6: Halter
1st – $6.00. 2nd – $5.00. 3rd – $4.00. 4th – $3.00
- Halter Miniature Horse
- Halter Pony (14.2 Hands & under)
- Halter Open Weanling/Yearling
- Halter Registered Quarter Horse –Sponsored by Shawver’s Quarter Horses
- Halter Color Breed (Palomino, Paint, Pinto, Buckskin, Appaloosa, Etc)
- Halter Open (Not Entered In Other Halter Classes)
- Halter Draft Horse/Draft Cross
- Champion & Reserve Champion At Halter (all first & second place winners of classes 1 thru 7)
- Showmanship Junior (English or Western) -11 & under –DEPT. 11
- Showmanship Youth (English or Western)-12 to 18 –DEPT.11
- Showmanship-Adult -19 & UP
- Bareback Walk-Trot – No Saddle or Bit
- English Equitation-Walk-Trot-Canter
- English Pleasure-Walk-Trot-Canter
- Green Horse Walk/Trot English or Western (May Not Enter In Canter Classes)
- Leadline (Open To Children 10 & Under)-DEPT.11
- PeeWee Pleasure – Walk-Trot (11 & under) – DEPT.11
- Western Pleasure Youth-Walk-Jog-Lope –DEPT. 11
- Western Pleasure Adult-Walk-Jog-Lope
- Therapeutic Pleasure-All Ages-Walk-Trot
- Therapeutic Equitation – All Ages – Walk-Trot
- Equitation Junior (11 & under) English or Western-Walk-Trot or Jog–DEPT.11
- Equitation Novice Rider Youth (12-18) English or Western-Walk-Trot or Jog–DEPT. 11
- Equitation Novice Rider Adult (19 & UP) English or Western-Walk-Trot or Jog
- Open Equitation Western-Walk-Trot-Lope
- All Day Pleasure (English or Western) – Walk-Trot or Jog
- Ranch Horse
- Egg & Spoon
- Trail Class (Will be run during Speed Events)
- Therapeutic Trail Class
- Miniature Horse Trail
- Keyhole Race -Junior DEPT.11
- Keyhole Race –Youth DEPT.11
- Keyhole Race –Adult
- Pole Bending -Junior DEPT.11
- Pole Bending Youth DEPT 11
- Pole Bending Adult
- 50 YD. Dash –Junior DEPT 11
- 50 YD. Dash –Youth DEPT 11
- 50 YD. Dash –Adult
- Barrel Race –Junior DEPT.11
- Barrel Race- Youth DEPT.11
- Barrel Race-Adult
Note: All Premium Checks will be mailed.
Horse Show Rules:
- Moondust Meadows or McClure Bean Soup Festival and Fair will not be responsible for any accidents that may occur during the show or any articles lost or damaged.
- You assume the risk of equine activities pursuant to Pennsylvania Law.
- No equine showing signs of a contagious or infectious disease will be admitted to any event.
- Age of horse will be based on calendar year starting Jan 1 of year foaled. Horses foaled in 2017 will be 1 yr old Jan 1, 2018.
- All exhibitors must display their numbers on their backs or on both sides of their saddle blanket in plain view for the judge.
- Refunds will be issued only in the event of illness or injury to horse or rider.
- The announcers stand must be notified of a tack change before your class. 5 minutes will be allowed.
- The judge’s decision will be final in all classes. Judges will decide on the patterns.
- The Show Committee reserves the right to cancel or combine any class.
- A pattern may or may not be used in an equitation class at the judge’s discretion.
- In Western Pleasure classes, a bosal or snaffle bit may be used on a horse 5 yrs. or younger & may be ridden with 2 hands. Horses 6 yrs. or older will be ridden with a shank bit & ridden with one hand.
- Proper riding attire is required in order to be judged. Long sleeve western type shirt, jeans or show pants & boots must be worn by western exhibitors. Short-sleeved western type attire will be allowed in gaming classes only. Appropriate English attire will be required for English classes. In hot weather, the judge may not require jackets.
- All riders 18 & under must wear ASTM-approved hard hats when showing in speed events. The judge will not penalize a rider for wearing protective head gear in a pleasure or equitation class.
- All exhibitors must pay for classes when signing up or leave a blank signed check at the signup stand to be completed at the end of the day.
- Riders unable to control their horses will be considered unsafe and may be dismissed from the ring at the discretion of the judge and/or show committee.