Dept. 22 – Garden Tractor Pulls
Saturday, September 16, 2017
|Contact:||Tom Lash, Chair||Phone: 570-600-2296|
Click here to download Entry Form
1. All contestants must be able to control their own tractors, and a parent must sign a release form before they will be able to compete.
2. All contestants must wear a D.O.T. approved helmet, long pants and no open toed shoes.
3. Entry fees must be paid in full before competing.
4. Tractors may be pulled only once in each class.
5. All pulls will start from a tight chain.
6. Any fighting, foul language or other actions detrimental to the family type image that we wish to present to the public will NOT be tolerated, disqualification forfeiting of fees and your being asked to leave will result, any further problems will be handled.
7. No alcoholic beverages permitted.
8. Tires must be rubber, no dual, chains, studs, or any other performance enhancing devices to the tire.
9. Weights may not extend beyond the rear most part of the tire.
10. Anything falling off the tractor while pulling will result in disqualification.
11. No part of the weights, brackets, hitch, or rollover devices may interfere with the sled or chain from sled.
12. Hitches may not extend past the most rearward part of the tires and must have a 1.5” hole.
13. Drivers must have at least one hand on the steering wheel and buttocks in the seat at all times during the pull, and no fingers under the fenders.
14. Judges decisions are final.
15. PROTEST: A $100.00 protest rule will be in effect. All protest must be in writing and include the rule in question, protested tractor and operator if you know their name and your nameProcedure for protest- the tractor owner will be approached and have the ability to conform they are illegal at which point they are disqualified and lost entry.
If they wish to be checked an independent puller along with a tech and promoter if available will check the rule and tractor in question and decide if the rule was broken. (Protesting driver and crew are not eligible to be part of the check and will not be in the pit of the driver in question during the checking) ONLY the rule in question in writing will be checked.
If a contestant refuses to be checked then it is assumed that they are illegal, all fees will be forfeited along with any prize money for the day.
Where does the $100 go. If they are illegal you get your money back, if they are legal they get $75 and the other $25 will be put in a fund to purchase more tech tools.
STOCK 16hp and Under (1000 AND 1100 lbs)
1. 4000 RPM at full throttle governed, no load, stock stroke.
2. 23 x 10.50 – 12” uncut tires no ATV.
3. 10” hitch height.
4. Gasoline no alcohol or additives. Max specific gravity of .750.
5. Original type carburetor for engine no spacer or velocity stack, max venture of 1.00” no boring or sleeves of carburetor.
6. OEM points and cover.
7. OEM value seats and valves for factory rated HP of engine model being used.
8. Must have cast camshaft Max lift .325” (18hp cam shaft are legal).
9. No after market heads, OEM head gaskets only.
10. No after market fuel pumps.
11. Clutches, belts, open drive shafts must be shielded same as factory or equivalent.
Stock 25 hp and Under (1,000 lbs. & 1,100 lbs.)
1. 4000 RPM at full throttle governed, no load, stock stroke.
2. 26 x 12 x 12 tires no pro puller tires, un cut.
3. 13” hitch height.
4. Gasoline, no alcohol or additives. Max specific gravity of .750.
5. Original type carburetor for engine no spacer or velocity stack, no boring and sleeveing of the carburetor.
6. Must use OEM value train components and points.
7. No after market heads.
8. No after maket fuel pumps.
9. Clutches, belts, open drive shafts must be shielded same as factory or equivalent.
Modified Stock (1,000 lbs. & 1,050 lbs.)
1. 16 hp and under stock stroke, any bore, valves, cam, etc. are permitted. No welding or cutting of the jug.
2. Carburetor no larger than 1.200 venturi butterfly type only.
3. Steel flywheel clutch components must be shielded 360 degrees with 1/8” steel or 3/16” aluminum, and head strap.
4. 23 x 10.50 – 12 tires cutting allowed.
5. Kill switch, wheelie bars, and dead man throttle spring mandatory.
6. Gas or alcohol max specific gravity of .750.
7. 10” hitch height.
Stock Altered (1,050 lbs. both rounds)
1. Commercially available garden tractor with cast block engine. Engine block, chassis and sheet metal must be factory produced garden tractor and maintain stock appearance.
2. All engine parts used must meet OEM dimensions and specifications for size and location.
3. No welding or externally visible modifications allowed (Billet heads allowed).
4. Maximum bore size 3.780” Maximum stroke 3.250” Maximum CID 36.5”.
5. Maximum carburetor standoff allowed 1.000”.
6. Carburetor must be Kohler type. Maximum air restricting venture diameter 1.000” Air flow must be controlled by throttle shaft actuated butterfly in stock location, no air may enter intake after 1.000” restriction.
7. Maximum camshaft regrinds spec .330” lift at .010” lash. Maximum valve diameter 1.380”.
8. Stock appearing hood and grill required. May switch to another factory sheet metal, but must maintain stock appearance.
9. Billet steel or aluminum flywheel required. No rpm limit.
10. Must be equipped with all safety devices including rear stabilizer bars, sill switch, dead man throttle, and fire extinguisher.
11. Maximum hitch height 13”.
12. Maximum tire size 26 x 12.00 x 12.
13. Maximum wheel base 52” Any garden tractor chassis having stock wheel base of 52” or longer must retain the stock wheel base. Chassis may be altered to accept non original engine, but must retain stock length.
14. Maximum distance from center of rear axle to furthest point forward 84”.
15. Gasoline or alcohol. Maximum specific gravity of .750.
Pro Stock (1,050 lbs.)
1. Any four stroke engine or engines, 2 cylinders
2. All engines must be covered on non cam side with plating to contain it in case of failure
3. All clutches must be covered 360 degrees to contain the clutch assembly and deflect it to the ground in case of failure
4. All tractors must be equipped with a functional kill switch to be hooked to the sled, minimum 1” ring and must have wheelie
5. All tractors must have a functional fire extinguisher to be mounted within reach of the driver
6. All tractors must have a head strap and steel flywheels. NO cast flywheel
7. Maximum length including any extended weights or brackets 96”
8. Maximum tire size 26 x 12 x 12, Pulling tires and cut are legal
9. 13” hitch height
10. Alcohol may be used as a fuel however there may not be any additives
11. Limited to a 1.2 carburetor
Super Stock (1,050 lbs.)
Same as Pro Stock rules except will be unlimited carburetor
All checks will be mailed.
Your complete mailing address must be filled out.