McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair King Contest
The purpose of the Fair and Pageant Competition program is to encourage the promotion of agricultural fairs and to create better relations between youth and adults in both rural and urban settings. The McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair King is expected to represent the festival and fair with pride and dignity, and to exhibit the highest of principles at all times.
EACH CONTESTANT MUST:
1. Be a male who is a U. S. citizen and a resident of Pennsylvania in one following counties: Snyder, Mifflin, Juniata, Northumberland, or Union.
2. Be at least age 16, but no older than 20 years of age as of June 1 of the year entering the pageant (2022).
3. Be the certified representative from the local fair where he was crowned.
4. Not have been a former local Fair King winner.
5. Not hold any other title for any other commodity group or pageant.
6. Have his parent(s) or guardian(s) consent to compete in this contest.
7. Be single, have never been married, have not fathered a child.
8. And must not marry, nor father a child during his reign.
9. Be of good moral character (at the discretion of the Committee).
10. Be able to meet all time commitments, King obligations and dress code as set forth by the PA state Fair Queen Program.
11. Attend rehearsal
12. Enter at least 1 contest of your choice in the Exhibit Hall. (Shoebox Float, Pumpkin Decorating, etc.)
CANDIDATES WILL COMPETE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
1. A typewritten essay entitled “What My Fair (McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair) Means to My Community” must be submitted, maximum 300 words.
2. A personal interview with a panel of three judges prior to stage competition. (business attire)
3. Poise & presentation (appearance & neatness) during the contestant introductions (business attire)
4. A 3-5 minute speech informing others “Why You Should Come To My Fair” that will be delivered to the judges and the public in attendance at the contest on Sunday, September 11, 2022 (suit or sunday best attire)
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE MCCLURE BEAN SOUP FESTIVAL AND FAIR KING:
1. Be on hand at all areas of the McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair to distribute ribbons, trophies, etc, as coordinated with the Pageant Committee. This responsibility begins on Sunday, September 11, 2022.
2. Represent the McClure Bean Soup Festival and Fair in parades and other functions throughout the area during her reign.
3. Be on hand for McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair Crowning September 2023.
All contestants will receive an individual gift. In addition, cash prizes will be awarded as follows:
1st Runner Up $250
One half of the cash awards will be presented at the end of the fair. The second half will be presented at the end of their reign if all responsibilities and obligations have been fulfilled throughout their reign.
August 1, 2022 is the deadline for Complete Fair King Entries to be submitted to:
McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair King Contest C/O Kate Reed 229 Conner Road, McClure, PA 17841
Complete Fair King Entry consists of: Download Entry Form Here
1. Essay “What My Fair Means To My Community”
2. Completed Application
3. Paid Entry Fee ($25 non-refundable)
4. Two 4×6 photos for publicity (no copyrighted photos please)
5. One 8×10 photo for the Photogenic Contest
6. Basket for Pageant Basket Raffle (Bring to rehearsal)
7. Entry for Exhibit Hall contest (Bring entry to rehearsal)
If you have any questions, please phone Kate Reed (570) 658-7266 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*The exact schedule for Sunday, September 11th will be determined by the number of contestants who enter.
*Contestants will report to the backstage area of the stage, where they can set up their areas to dress, do make-up and hair, etc.
*Contestants are asked to have one person with them in this area, and must provide their own mirror(s), etc.
* Electric outlets are plentiful in the dressing room, but contestants need to bring their own extension cords.
*Interviews, with contestants in business attire, are private with only the panel of three Judges.
*Exact times for the interviews will be announced.
*Contestants will receive notification concerning scheduling for both days.
The 2022 McClure Bean Soup Festival and Fair King will be named at the conclusion of this competition, and will assume his duties immediately.
2021 No Contestant