McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair Little Miss Pageant
The purpose of the Fair and Pageant Competition program is to encourage the promotion of agricultural fairs and to create better relations between youth and adults in both rural and urban settings. The McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair Princess is expected to represent the festival and fair with pride and dignity, and to exhibit the highest of principles at all times.
EACH CONTESTANT MUST:
1. Be a resident of Pennsylvania
2. Be a resident of the following counties: Snyder, Mifflin, Juniata, Northumberland, or Union
3. Be at least 8 years of age and not over 11 years of age by June 1, 2022
4. Have her parents’ or guardians’ consent to compete in this contest
5. Not be a former winner of the Little Miss Pageant
6. Dress is Sunday Best or Flower Girl Dress
7. Attend rehearsal (Time TBA)
8. Enter at least 1 contest of your choice in the Exhibit Hall. (Shoebox Float, Pumpkin Decorating, etc.)
CANDIDATES WILL COMPETE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
1. Sportswear/ Costume Theme of your choice during introductions (Creativity)(Ex, cowgirl, cheerleader, 50’s, etc)
2. Poise & presentation (appearance & neatness)(Formal, Sunday Best or Flower Girl Dress)
3. Ability to communicate (speaking ability) during the question & answer that will be delivered to the judges and the public in attendance at the contest.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE MCCLURE BEAN SOUP FESTIVAL AND FAIR LITTLE MISS:
1. Be on hand at all areas of the McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair to distribute ribbons, trophies, etc, as coordinated with the
Pageant Committee. This responsibility begins on Sunday, September 11, 2022
2. Represent the McClure Bean Soup Festival and Fair in parades and other functions throughout the area during her reign.
3. Fundraising to Benefit Fair & Pageant Program
4. McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair Little Miss Crowning: September 2023.
All contestants will receive an individual gift. In addition, cash prizes will be awarded as follows:
Little Miss $75
1st Runner Up $50
One half of the cash awards will be presented at the end of the fair. The second half will be presented at the end of their reign if all responsibilities and obligations have been fulfilled throughout their reign.
August 1, 2022 is the deadline for Complete Fair Little Miss Entries to be submitted to:
McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair Little Miss Contest C/O Kate Reed 229 Conner Road, McClure, PA 17841
Complete Little Miss Entry consists of: Download Entry Form Here
1. Completed Entry Form
2. Paid Entry Fee ($10 non-refundable)
3. Two 4×6 photos for publicity (no copyrighted photos please)
4. One 8×10 photo for the Photogenic Contest
5. Basket for Pageant Basket Raffle (Bring to rehearsal)
6. Entry for Exhibit Hall contest (Bring entry to rehearsal)
If you have any questions, please phone Kate Reed (570) 658-7266 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*The exact schedule for Sunday, September 11th will be determined by the number of contestants who enter.
*Contestants will report to the backstage area of the stage, where they can set up their areas to dress, do make-up and hair, etc.
*Contestants are asked to have one person with them in this area, and must provide their own mirror(s), etc.
* Electric outlets are plentiful in the dressing room, but contestants need to bring their own extension cords.
*Contestants will receive notification concerning scheduling for both days.
The 2022 McClure Bean Soup Festival and Fair Little Miss will be named at the conclusion of this competition, and will assume her duties immediately.
2021 Josephine Boyd
2020 Alexis Smith
2019 Olivia Dorman
2018 Alaina Brower
2017 Maesyn Franquet
2016 Mekenna Franquet
2015 Sarah Nesbit
2014 Whitney Gudonis
2013 Kelsey Schuller
2012 Jaylynn Blair
2011 Gabriella Norman
2010 Gavrielle Walker
2009 Deborah Thomas
2008 Olivia Folk
2007 Brooke Aucker
2006 Samantha Hoffman