McClure Fair Little Miss Bean Contest
The purpose of the Fair and Little Miss Bean competition program is to encourage the promotion of agricultural fairs and to create better relations between youth and adults in both rural and urban settings. The McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair Little Miss Bean is expected to represent the festival and fair with pride and dignity, and to exhibit the highest of principles at all times.
Each Contest Must:
- Be a resident of Pennsylvania
- Be a resident of the following counties: Snyder, Mifflin, Juniata, Northumberland, or Union
- Be at least 8 years of age and not over 11 years of age by September 11, 2016
- Have her parents’ or guardians’ consent to compete in this contest
- Nor be a former winner of the Little Miss Bean Pageant
- Dress is Sunday Best or Flower Girl Dress
- Attend rehearsal. (Time TBA)
- Must not participate or hold title in any other pageant during her reign as Little Miss Bean.
Candidates will compete in the following areas:
- Sportswear Costume Theme of your Choice during the contestant introductions (Creativity – This could be western cowgirl outfit, “60’s” Poodle Skirt outfit, cheerleader, hawiian outfit, etc.). Be Creative.
- Poise and presentation (appearance and neatness) (Dress is Formal Sunday Best or Flower Girl Dress, etc.) on Sunday, September 11, 2016 following the Teeny Bean competition
- Ability to communicate (speaking ability) during the question & answer that will be delivered to the judges and the public in attendance at the contest.
Responsibilities of the Mcclure Bean Soup festival and fair Little Miss bean:
- Represent the McClure Bean Soup Festival and Fair in parades and other functions throughout the area during her reign (1 year).
- Be able to attend several functions during the week of the fair
- Fundraising to Benefit Fair & Pageant Program
- Little Miss Bean Crowning September 2017.
August 22, 2016 is the deadline for Complete Fair Little Miss Bean Entries to be submitted to:
McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair Little Miss Bean Contest
C/O Sheila Aucker
5335 Troxelville Rd.
Beavertown, PA 17813
See Downloads page for entry forms.
Complete Fair Little Miss Bean Entry consists of:
- Completed Entry Form
- Paid Entry Fee ($5 non-refundable)
- Two 4×6 Photos for publicity (no copyrighted photos please)
If you have any questions, please phone Sheila Aucker (570) 765-5831 or Sandy Fisher (570) 543-5467 or email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
The exact schedule and date for Little Miss Bean Contest, will be determined by the number of contestants who enter. The expected date/time is Sunday, September 11 at 3 PM (but this is subject to change)
Contestants will report to the stage area. Please be dressed and ready for presentation on the stage by the time yo
u report to the designated area.
The 2016 McClure Bean Soup Festival and Fair Little Miss Bean will be named at the conclusion of this competition, and will assume her duties immediately. In addition, the winner and alternate will each receive cash awards: $75 and $50 respectively. One half of the cash awards will be presented at the end of the fair. The second half will be presented at the end of their reign if all responsibilities and obligations have been fulfilled throughout their reign.
2015 Sarah Nesbit
2014 Whitney Gudonis
2013 Kelsey Schuller
2012 Jaylynn Blair
2011 Gabriella Norman
2010 Gavrielle Walker
2009 Deborah Thomas
2008 Olivia Folk
2007 Brooke Aucker
2006 Samantha Hoffman