McClure Fair Princess Contest
The purpose of the Fair and Pageant Competition program is to encourage the promotion of agricultural fairs and to create better relations between youth and adults in both rural and urban settings. The McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair Princess is expected to represent the festival and fair with pride and dignity, and to exhibit the highest of principles at all times.
EACH CONTESTANT MUST:
1. Be a resident of Pennsylvania
2. Be a resident of the following counties: Snyder, Mifflin, Juniata, Northumberland, or Union
3. Be at least 12 years of age and not over 15 years of age by June 1, 2018
4. Have her parents’ or guardians’ consent to compete in this contest
5. Be single, never married, have had no children; and must not marry, nor get pregnant during her reign.
6. Not be a former local nor county winner of a Fair Princess Pageant
7. Attend rehearsal
CANDIDATES WILL COMPETE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
1. Talent Competition (5 minute maximum)
2. A typewritten essay about “Why I Should Be Fair Princess”
3. A personal interview with a panel of three judges prior to stage competition. (time TBA)
4. Poise & presentation (appearance & neatness) during the contestant introductions (evening gown attire)
5. Ability to communicate (speaking ability) during the question & answer (evening gown attire) that will be delivered to the judges and the public in attendance at the contest.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE MCCLURE BEAN SOUP FESTIVAL AND FAIR PRINCESS:
1. Be on hand at all areas of the McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair to distribute ribbons, trophies, etc, as coordinated with the
Pageant Committee. This responsibility begins on Sunday, September 9, 2018
2. Represent the McClure Bean Soup Festival and Fair in parades and other functions throughout the area during her reign.
3. Fundraising to Benefit Fair & Pageant Program
4. McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair Princess Crowning: September 2019.
All contestants will receive an individual gift. In addition, cash prizes will be awarded as follows:
1st Runner Up $100
One half of the cash awards will be presented at the end of the fair. The second half will be presented at the end of their reign if all responsibilities and obligations have been fulfilled throughout their reign.
August 15, 2018 is the deadline for Complete Fair Princess Entries to be submitted to:
McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair Princess Contest C/O Kate Reed 229 Conner Road, McClure, PA 17841
Complete Fair Princess Entry consists of:
2. Completed Entry Form
3. Paid Entry Fee ($15 non-refundable)
4. Two 4×6 photos for publicity (no copyrighted photos please)
5. One 8×10 photo for the Photogenic Contest
If you have any questions, please phone Kate Reed (570) 658-7266 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*The exact schedule for Sunday, September 9th will be determined by the number of contestants who enter.
*Contestants will report to the backstage area of the stage, where they can set up their areas to dress, do make-up and hair, etc.
*Contestants are asked to have one person with them in this area, and must provide their own mirror(s), etc.
* Electric outlets are plentiful in the dressing room, but contestants need to bring their own extension cords.
*Interviews, with contestants in business attire, are private with only the panel of three Judges.
*Exact times for the interviews will be announced.
*Contestants will receive notification concerning scheduling for both days.
The 2018 McClure Bean Soup Festival and Fair Princess will be named at the conclusion of this competition, and will assume her duties immediately.
2016 Kaiya Reed
2015 Olivia Laub
2014 Julia Nesbit
2013 Jaylynn Blair
2012 Brooke Aucker
2011 Deborah Thomas
2010 Tessa Bonson
2009 Gabrielle Vega
2008 Larissa Bubb
2007 Casey Shawver
2006 Jordan Fisher