McClure Fair Princess Contest
The purpose of the Fair and Princess competition program is to encourage the promotion of agricultural fairs and to create better relations between youth and adults in both rural and urban settings. The McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair Princess is expected to represent the festival and fair with pride and dignity, and to exhibit the highest of principles at all times.
Each Contest Must:
- Be a resident of Pennsylvania
- Be a resident of the following counties: Snyder, Mifflin, Juniata, Northumberland, or Union
- Be at least 12 years of age and not over 15 years of age by September 11, 2016
- Have her parents’ or guardians’ consent to compete in this contest
- Be single, never married, have had no children; and must not marry, nor get pregnant during her reign.
- Nor be a former local nor county winner of a Fair Princess Pageant
- Attend rehearsal
- Must not participate in or hold title in any other pageant during her reign as fair princess.
Candidates will compete in the following areas:
- Talent Competition (5 minute maximum)
- A typewritten essay about “Why I Should Be Fair Princess”
- A personal interview with a panel of three judges prior to stage competition. (time TBA)
- Poise and presentation (appearance and neatness) during the contestant introductions (evening gown attire) on Sunday, September 11, 2016.
- Ability to communicate (speaking ability) during the question & answer (evening gown attire) that will be delivered to the judges and the public in attendance at the contest.
Responsibilities of the Mcclure Bean Soup festival and fair Princess:
- Be on hand at all areas of the McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair to distribute ribbons, trophies, etc, as coordinated with the Pageant Committee. This responsibility begins on Sunday, September 11, 2016.
- Represent the McClure Bean Soup Festival and Fair in parades and other functions throughout the area during her reign.
- Fundraising to Benefit Fair & Pageant Program
- McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair Princess Crowning: September 2016.
August 22, 2016 is the deadline for Complete Fair Princess Entries to be submitted to:
McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair Princess Contest
C/O Sheila Aucker
5335 Troxelville Rd.
Beavertown, PA 17813
See Downloads page for entry forms.
Complete Fair Princess Entry consists of:
- Completed Entry Form
- Paid Entry Fee ($15 non-refundable)
- Two 4×6 photos for publicity (no copyrighted photos please)
If you have any questions, please phone Sheila Aucker (570) 765-5831 or Sandy Fisher (717) 543-5467 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The exact schedule and date for Princess Contest will be determined by the number of contestants who enter. The expected date is Sunday, September 11, 2016 following the Princess Little Miss Bean Competition.
Interviews are with a panel of three Judges. The exact date/time will be determined by the number of contestants. Exact times for the interviews to be announced. Contestants will be contacted concerning scheduling for interviews and the pageant day.
Contestants will report to the backstage area of the stage, where they can set up their areas to dress, do make-up and hair, etc. Contestants can have one person with them in this area, and must provide their own mirror(s), etc. Electric outlets are plentiful in the dressing room, but contestants need to bring their own extension cords.
The 2015 McClure Bean Soup Festival and Fair Princess will be named at the conclusion of this competition, and will assume her duties immediately. In addition, the winner and alternate will each receive cash awards: $225 and $100 respectively. One half of the cash awards will be presented at the end of the fair. The second half will be presented at the end of their reign if all responsibilities and obligations have been fulfilled throughout their reign.
2014 Julia Nesbit
2013 Jaylynn Blair
2012 Brooke Aucker
2011 Deborah Thomas
2010 Tessa Bonson
2009 Gabrielle Vega
2008 Larissa Bubb
2007 Casey Shawver
2006 Jordan Fisher