McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair Teeny Bean Contest
The purpose of the Fair and Pageant Competition program is to encourage the promotion of agricultural fairs and to create better relations between youth and adults in both rural and urban settings. The McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair Princess is expected to represent the festival and fair with pride and dignity, and to exhibit the highest of principles at all times.
EACH CONTESTANT MUST:
1. Be a resident of Pennsylvania
2. Be a resident of the following counties: Snyder, Mifflin, Juniata, Northumberland, or Union
3. Be at least 5 years of age and not over 7 years of age by June 1, 2018
4. Have her parents’ or guardians’ consent to compete in this contest
5. Not be a former winner of the Teeny Bean Pageant
6. Dress is Sunday Best or Flower Girl Dress
7. Attend rehearsal (Time TBA)
CANDIDATES WILL COMPETE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
1. Poise & presentation (appearance & neatness)(Formal, Sunday Best or Flower Girl Dress)
2. Ability to communicate (speaking ability) during the question & answer that will be delivered to the judges and the public in attendance at the contest. You will need to bring your favorite stuffed FARM animal to share in our fairs focus on agriculture.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE MCCLURE BEAN SOUP FESTIVAL AND FAIR TEENY BEAN:
1. Be on hand at all areas of the McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair to distribute ribbons, trophies, etc, as coordinated with the
Pageant Committee. This responsibility begins on Sunday, September 9, 2018
2. Represent the McClure Bean Soup Festival and Fair in parades and other functions throughout the area during her reign.
3. Fundraising to Benefit Fair & Pageant Program
4. McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair Little Miss Crowning: September 2019.
All contestants will receive an individual gift. In addition, cash prizes will be awarded as follows:
Teeny Bean $50
1st Runner Up $25
One half of the cash awards will be presented at the end of the fair. The second half will be presented at the end of their reign if all responsibilities and obligations have been fulfilled throughout their reign.
August 15, 2018 is the deadline for Complete Fair Teeny Bean Entries to be submitted to:
McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair Teeny Bean Contest C/O Kate Reed 229 Conner Road, McClure, PA 17841
Complete Teeny Bean Entry consists of:
1. Completed Entry Form
2. Paid Entry Fee ($5 non-refundable)
3. Two 4×6 photos for publicity (no copyrighted photos please)
4. One 8×10 photo for the Photogenic Contest
If you have any questions, please phone Kate Reed (570) 658-7266 or email email@example.com
*The exact schedule for Sunday, September 9th will be determined by the number of contestants who enter.
*Contestants will report to the backstage area of the stage, dressed and ready for the contest.
*Contestants are asked to have one person with them in this area, and must provide their own mirror(s), etc.
* Electric outlets are plentiful in the dressing room, but contestants need to bring their own extension cords.
*Contestants will receive notification concerning scheduling for both days.
The 2018 McClure Bean Soup Festival and Fair Teeny Bean will be named at the conclusion of this competition, and will assume her duties immediately.
2016 Tessa Stahl
2015 Alaina Brower
2014 Kylie Mitch
2013 Brianna Hosler
2012 Mekenna Franquet
2011 Devin McAuley