McClure Fair Teeny Bean Contest
The purpose of the Fair and Teeny Bean competition program is to encourage the promotion of agricultural fairs and to create better relations between youth and adults in both rural and urban settings. The McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair Teen Bean is expected to represent the festival and fair with pride and dignity, and to exhibit the highest of principles at all times.
Each Contest Must:
- Be a resident of Pennsylvania
- Be a resident of the following counties: Snyder, Mifflin, Juniata, Northumberland, or Union
- Be at least 5 years of age and not over 7 years of age by September 11, 2016
- Have her parents’ or guardians’ consent to compete in this contest
- Be a former winner of the Teeny Bean Pageant.
- Attend rehearsal. (time to be announced)
- Must not participate or hold title in any other pageant during her reign as Teeny Bean.
Candidates will compete in the following areas:
- Poise and presentation (appearance and neatness) during the contestant introductions (Dress is formal attire dress- Sunday Best or Flower Girl Dress, etc) on Sunday, September 11, 2016 at 2pm.
- Ability to communicate (speaking ability) during the question & answer (formal attire) that will be delivered to the judges and the public in attendance at the contest. You will need to bring your favorite stuffed farm animal to share in support of our fairs focus on agriculture.
Responsibilities of the Mcclure Bean Soup festival and fair Teeny Bean:
- Be on hand at all areas of the McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair to distribute ribbons, trophies, etc, as coordinated with the Pageant Committee. This responsibility begins on Sunday, September 11, 2016
- Represent the McClure Bean Soup Festival and Fair in parades and other functions throughout the area during her reign.
- Fundraising to Benefit Fair & Pageant Program
- McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair Teeny Bean Crowning: September 2017.
August 22, 2016 is the deadline for Complete Fair Teeny Bean Entries to be submitted to:
McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair Princess Contest
C/O Sheila Aucker
5335 Troxelville Rd.
Beavertown, PA 17813
See Downloads page for entry forms.
Complete Fair Teeny Bean Entry consists of:
- Completed Entry Form
- Paid Entry Fee ($5 non-refundable)
- Two 4×6 photos for publicity (no copyrighted photos please)
If you have any questions, please phone Sheila Aucker (570) 765-5831 or Sandy Fisher (717) 543-5467 or email email@example.com
The expected date of the Teeny Bean Contest is Sunday, September 11, 2016, at 2pm.
Contestants will report to the stage area. Please be dressed and ready for presentation on the stage by the time you report to the designated area.
The 2016 McClure Bean Soup Festival and Fair Teeny Bean will be named at the conclusion of this competition, and will assume her duties immediately. In addition, the winner and alternate will each receive cash awards: $50 and $25 respectively. One half of the cash awards will be presented at the end of the fair. The second half will be presented at the end of their reign if all responsibilities and obligations have been fulfilled throughout their reign.
2015 Alaina Brower
2014 Kylie Mitch
2013 Brianna Hosler
2012 Mekenna Franquet
2011 Devin McAuley