McClure Fair Prince Contest
The purpose of the Fair and Pageant Competition program is to encourage the promotion of agricultural fairs and to create better relations between youth and adults in both rural and urban settings. The McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair Prince is expected to represent the festival and fair with pride and dignity, and to exhibit the highest of principles at all times.
EACH CONTESTANT MUST:
1. Be a resident of Pennsylvania
2. Be a resident of the following counties: Snyder, Mifflin, Juniata, Northumberland, or Union
3. Be at least 12 years of age and not over 15 years of age by June 1, 2022
4. Have his parents or guardians consent to compete in this contest
5. Be single, never married, have had no children; and must not marry, nor father a child during his reign.
6. Not be a former local nor county winner of a Fair Prince Pageant
7. Attend rehearsal
8. Enter at least 1 contest of your choice in the Exhibit Hall. (Shoebox Floats, Pumpkin Decorating, etc.)
CANDIDATES WILL COMPETE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
1. Talent Competition (5 minute maximum)
2. A typewritten essay about “Why I Should Be The Bean Soup Prince” (150-300 words)
3. A personal interview with a panel of three judges prior to stage competition. (time TBA)
4. Poise & presentation (appearance & neatness) during the contestant introductions (suit or sunday best attire)
5. Ability to communicate (speaking ability) during the question & answer (suit or sunday best attire) that will be delivered to the judges and the public in attendance at the contest.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE MCCLURE BEAN SOUP FESTIVAL AND FAIR PRINCE:
1. Be on hand at all areas of the McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair to distribute ribbons, trophies, etc, as coordinated with the Pageant Committee. This responsibility begins on Sunday, September 11, 2022
2. Represent the McClure Bean Soup Festival and Fair in parades and other functions throughout the area during his reign.
3. Fundraising to Benefit Fair & Pageant Program
4. McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair Prince Crowning: September 2023.
All contestants will receive an individual gift. In addition, cash prizes will be awarded as follows:
1st Runner Up $100
One half of the cash awards will be presented at the end of the fair. The second half will be presented at the end of their reign if all responsibilities and obligations have been fulfilled throughout their reign.
August 1, 2022 is the deadline for Complete Fair Princess Entries to be submitted to:
McClure Bean Soup Festival & Fair Prince Contest C/O Kate Reed 229 Conner Road, McClure, PA 17841
Complete Fair Prince Entry consists of: Download Entry Form Here
1. Essay “Why I Should Be The Bean Soup Prince”
2. Completed Entry Form
3. Paid Entry Fee ($15 non-refundable)
4. Two 4×6 photos for publicity (no copyrighted photos please)
5. One 8×10 photo for the Photogenic Contest
6. Basket for Pageant Basket Raffle (Bring to rehearsal)
7. Entry for Exhibit Hall contest (Bring entry to rehearsal)
If you have any questions, please phone Kate Reed (570) 658-7266 or email email@example.com
*The exact schedule for Sunday, September 11th will be determined by the number of contestants who enter.
*Contestants will report to the backstage area of the stage, where they can set up their areas to dress, do make-up and hair, etc.
*Contestants are asked to have one person with them in this area, and must provide their own mirror(s), etc.
* Electric outlets are plentiful in the dressing room, but contestants need to bring their own extension cords.
*Interviews, with contestants in business attire, are private with only the panel of three Judges.
*Exact times for the interviews will be announced.
*Contestants will receive notification concerning scheduling for both days.
The 2022 McClure Bean Soup Festival and Fair Prince will be named at the conclusion of this competition, and will assume his duties immediately.
2021 No Contestant