Dept. 22 – Shoe Box Float & Scarecrow Contests
Sponsored by Susquehanna Valley Game Farm & Kennels
A Shoebox Float is a small replica of any large float that might appear in a parade. It is made using a shoe or boot box as the base and decorate according to a given theme.
|1st – $8.00; 2nd – $6.00; 3rd – $4.00; 4th $2.00|
|22601 - Preschool: Ages 3-5
22602 - Children: Ages 6-9
22603 - Youth: Ages 10-13
22604 - Youth: Ages 14-17
22605 – Adult: Ages 18-50
22606 – Senior: Ages 51-over
- One Entry per Exhibitor must be a Pennsylvania resident.
- Size requirement – The maximum shoe box size is 10 x 16 inches.
- Material requirements – Grab your glue, scissors, nails, candy – anything you need to make your float a winner. Natural materials are encouraged although any material can be used to cover float.
- Judging on creativity, neatness and materials used.
Sponsored by Jennifer Shawver’s Styling Salon
|1st – $15.00; 2nd – $10.00; 3rd – $5.00; 4th $3.00|
|22401 - Youth: Ages 14-17
22402 - Adult: Ages 18-50
22403 - Senior: Ages 51-over
- One entry per exhibitor. Must be PA resident.
- Entry must be an original creation.
- Size not to exceed 4’ wide and 6’ high and must be free standing.
- No mechanical or electrical parts.
- Fair not responsible for any lost or stolen articles on scarecrows.
- Scarecrows may be displayed throughout fairgrounds during Fair.
- Enter scarecrows Saturday, Sunday or Monday at the Exhibit Hall.
- Scarecrows may be removed between 8:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. on Saturday Sept. 15th.